Season 7 Episode List
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:52 pm
So far 10 episodes are known.
So far 10 episodes are known.
- Just days before Christmas, a crowded Boeing 747 explodes and crashes in the small Scottish town of Lockerbie killing 270 people. But what shocks investigators and people all around the world is that this was no accident. A Libyan terrorist checked his bag with a bomb inside, but didn't board the aircraft.
- Head-on Collision
- A Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747 and a Air Kazakhstan Ilyushin Il-76 collide in mid-air over Charkhi Dadri, Haryanna, India; killing 349 people. Communication problems between the Kazakh jet and ATC, a design flaw in the ATC radar system, and cloudy weather; lead to the deadliest mid-air collision in history.
- Shattered in Seconds
- On 2002, a China Airlines Boeing 747 disintegrated in mid-air and crashed into the Taiwan Strait just 20 minutes after taking off, killing all 225 people on board. The investigation revealed that a tail strike some 22 years earlier sealed the fate of the aircraft.
- Deadly Prize
- On September 1989, a Partnair Convair 580 plunged into the sea just off the coast of Denmark killing all 55 people on board. Due to poor maintenance, the bolts joining the tail section to the fuselage failed in flight leading to a catastrophic structural failure.
- Operation Babylift
- In the final days of the Vietnam War, an American-led coalition conducts a mass evacuation of infants and children from South Vietnam. During the airlift a United States Air Force Lockheed C-5 Galaxy suffers an explosive decompression soon after take off and has to return to Tan Son Nhat airport. It crashes in a paddy field near the airport.
- Ditch the Plane
- On August 2005, a Tuninter ATR-72 ran out of fuel and was forced to ditch in the sea near Palermo, Italy. Of the 39 people on board, 16 lost their lives. The mistake was simply a wrong fuel gauge that sent higher fuel readings than the actual ones.
- Lost in Space
- On January 2007, an Adam Air Boeing 737 crashed into the Java Sea killing 102 people on board. The pilots inadvertently disengaged the autopilot while trying to fix the inertial reference system, causing the plane to plunge to the water.
- Deep Freeze
- On Halloween 1994, an American Eagle ATR-72 suffered a loss of control and crashed near Roselawn, Indiana killing all 68 people on board. While flying in freezing conditions, ice accumulated on the wings. The inadequate de-icing mechanisms failed to remove the ice, resulting in the disruption of the airflow.
- Erebus Collision
- In thick clouds ANZ901, a DC-10-30 with 257 people on a tour flight collides with the side of Mount Erebus in Antarctica. All 257 die.
- Who Caused the Crash?
- During Landing upon Nagoya International Airport, CAL flight 140's flight crew turn on the autopilot. But the autopilot is still set to climb to 33000 feet. The plane climbs, but the crew left the engines at idle. The A300 stalls, and hits the ground killing all but 7 people.